(last updated: 17.01.2024)Introduction
Audicin develops personalized audio treatments to recover from stress, prevent stress responses and to boost productivity. Whilst doing this safeguarding our customers and users data privacy is important to us. We collect and process data for providing our services and for customer management.
Address:Alalaanilantie 3 B 1, 90500 Oulu
Email:[email protected]Personal data we collect and legal basis for processing
Personal data we collect and process
We collect information in order to provide our services and products and to analyse how our users use our services. We collect and process the following information:Information we collect in order to provide services and products
- Personal information (name, email address, user ID)
- Company information (name, invoicing details, contact person)
- Consent information (subscription for email marketing, for research panel)
- Cookie information (opt-in for cookies)Information we collect when using our services and products
We collect information about the usage of the Audicin application and measurement services in order to develop personalized experience for our users;
- Product usage (when using application)
Track and songlists listened
How long and when listened
- Personalization information (optional, based on consent)
Reason for using Audicin services
- Information for research and development
If you have opted in to be in our research program, we collect and process information you provide in that specific research program.Legal basis
We use your personal data to provide you with the service and/or fulfil the contractual obligations. This requires us to process your data for the customer/employment/partner relationship management, support, and communication, conducting customer surveys, customer complaint handling, maintenance, software and system updates, user identification as well as for problem diagnosis and fixing. Hence, the above-mentioned processing of your personal data is based on your agreement with us.
In addition, we use your personal data for the following purposes based on legitimate interests pursued by us or you have given us a consent for the processing:
Analytics and development purposes, including creating aggregated groups based on your usage activities.This also enables us to understand our users’ needs as customers and to improve the quality and user experience of our current and future services and offerings.
Marketing purposes, including communicating with you about our offerings, conducting sales promotions, and other marketing campaigns, as well as creating aggregated target groups for marketing. Knowing customers’ preferences enables us to target our offerings and provide products and services that better meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
Information and account security purposes, including detecting or preventing various types of misuse of services and fraud to provide you with secure and reliable services.
We may also process personal data to be in compliance with the obligations laid down in the applicable law, regulations and decisions issued by authorities. Such examples of statutory obligations that require the processing of personal data can be the following:
- prevention, detection and investigation of fraud;
accounting and tax regulations;
obligations related to risk management;
- other obligations related to service- or product-specific legislation; and
obligations under employment legislation.Cookies
We use various technologies to gather and store analytics data and other information when you are at our website. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.How we collect your data
We collect your data when you make order from us, when you are using Aucicin via application, when you are at our website or when you subscribe to our email newsletter or research panel. Data storage
We store your personal data primarily within the European Economic Area. However, we have service providers in several geographical locations. As such, we and our service providers may transfer personal data to, or access it in, jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area or your domicile.
If we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we provide adequate protection for such transfers through a series of agreements with our service providers based on the Standard Contractual Clauses or through other appropriate safeguards, such as the Privacy Shield Framework.Data sharing
We do not share your data with any third party except under specific circumstances, such as legal requirements, authorized service providers, legitimate business reasons, or with your explicit consent.Information security
We use various technical or organization methods and security measures to seek so ensure a sufficient level of data security and to prevent your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Only the personnel with work related needs have access to your personal data.Electronic Direct Marketing and communication via email
We may send you electronic direct marketing, such as newsletters, promotions about new products as well as information about user surveys and trials, by email. You can opt-out such electronic direct marketing or communication at any time free of charge by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in our newsletters, adjusting the settings of your user account, or by contacting us directly.Data retention
We retain your information only as long as legally necessary and in accordance with with the specific purposes it was collected. The maximum period may therefore vary per information category and use of such information. Your legal rights
You have the right to control how your personal data is processed by us by exercising the rights listed below:
- Right of access: you can get a copy of your personal data that we store in our systems;
- Right to rectification: you can rectify inaccurate personal data that we process about you;
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): you can ask us to erase your personal data;
- Right to restriction: you may request us to restrict processing of personal data for example when your data erasure, rectification or objection requests are pending and/or when we do not have legitimate grounds to process your data.
- Right to data portability: you can ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- Right to object: you can ask us to stop processing your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent, if you have provided one; or
- Right to complaint: you can submit your complaint regarding our processing of your personal data to local data protection authority. For more information, please see https://tietosuoja.fi/en/home.
In order to exercise these rights, contact us at [email protected]
, providing your full name, company name and email.